Cancellations and Refunds
We would be sad to see you go because we want you to get the full benefit of your Carbonite subscription.
Before you cancel or request a refund, did you know that you can transfer your existing Carbonite subscription to restore all your files or start a new backup?
Below are some guides to get you started:
- Moving Carbonite Safe to Another Windows Computer
- Moving Carbonite Safe to Another Mac Computer (Mac 2x)
- Moving Carbonite Safe to Another Computer (Mac 1x)
- Reinstalling Carbonite Safe Backup Pro
For technical issues with Carbonite, please search our Knowledge Base for detailed instructions on how to resolve common concerns.
Still want to cancel or request a refund? Review the applicable sections below.
This article applies to:
|Basic, Plus, Prime, Core, Power, and Ultimate plans (Not sure?)||Safe, Safe Pro, and Safe Server Backup||Windows and Mac|
You can deactivate automatic renewal to prevent future renewals from your Carbonite account.
Please follow the instructions for your Carbonite plan to cancel your account.
- Carbonite Safe subscribers: Sign in here and click turn auto-renew off for each backup subscription you want to cancel.
- Carbonite Safe Backup Pro subscribers: Sign in as the Billing Owner here and click change, then confirm the cancellation of the account within the pop-up window.
After you deactivate a Carbonite Safe or Carbonite Safe Backup Pro subscription, you can continue to use existing features until the expiration date. After 30 or 60 days of expiration, your backed up data will be permanently removed from Carbonite and Carbonite will no longer function on your computer.
You can request a full refund of your Carbonite subscription and/or storage packs during the following time frames:
- Subscriptions within 30 days of the first purchase
- Subscriptions within 30 days of manual renewal
After the refund is processed, your backed up data will be permanently removed from Carbonite and Carbonite will no longer function on your computer.
For refund requests, please gather your billing information and contact us by phone or chat.
After you deactivate automatic renewal or your refund is processed by Carbonite, you can uninstall Carbonite from your Windows and Mac computers to stop receiving product notices.
Please follow the instructions below for your Carbonite Windows product to uninstall Carbonite.
Please follow the instructions for your Carbonite Mac product to uninstall Carbonite.
Changed Your Mind?
If you change your mind, you can manually renew your Carbonite plan within 30 or 60 days to continue your backup service with Carbonite.
Please click the applicable link below for your Carbonite plan below renew your account.
- For Carbonite Safe plans: Click here to renew your subscription.
- For Carbonite Safe Backup Pro plans: Click here to renew your subscription.
Thank you for being a Carbonite customer. We hope that you come back soon so we can serve you better in the future.