FAQ: What Products Do I Have with My Carbonite Plan?
What products do I have with my Carbonite plan?
This article applies to:
|Basic, Plus, Prime, Core, Power, and Ultimate (Not sure?)||Safe, Safe Pro, and Carbonite Safe Server Backup - View the Webroot Antivirus comparison||Windows and Mac|
Carbonite offers the following products based on your Carbonite plan.
|Plan||Carbonite Safe||Carbonite Safe Backup Pro|
|Products||Safe Backup||Safe Backup Pro|
|Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus||Carbonite Safe Server Backup (CSSB)|
|Add Ons||Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus*||
Webroot Business Endpoint Protection*
*If you purchased a Webroot SecureAnywhere or Business Endpoint Protection add on through support, search our knowledge base for Webroot specific articles as the instructions may differ from Carbonite.
You can find out which product you have by searching for the app or checking for the Carbonite icon with the methods below.
- Open the Windows start menu.
- Search for “Carbonite" and check which apps appear:
- Carbonite: This is Safe Backup or the Safe Backup Pro app that allows you to back up workstation computers.
- Carbonite Safe Server Backup: This is the Carbonite Safe Server Backup (CSSB) app that allows you to back up servers and databases.
- Look at the top right of the Apple menu bar.
- Check the Carbonite icon that appears:
- Green circle icon: This is 2.x version of the Safe Backup or Safe Backup Pro app that allows you to back up Mac computers.
- Black padlock icon: This is the 1.x version of Safe Backup or Safe Backup Pro preference that allows you to back up Mac computers.
- Note: There is currently no upgrade path from Carbonite 1.x to Carbonite 2.x.
If no app appears, sign into https://account.carbonite.com and install the product that is right for you.