This topic is for Windows -- View the Mac topic
After you set up your Carbonite Safe account, you can install Carbonite to start backing up your files.
If you have installed Carbonite on your computer before, you will need to reinstall Carbonite Safe instead.
- 1. Sign into https://account.carbonite.com from the computer you want to back up.
- 2. Click the Backup tab.
- 3. From the Backup section, click Install Now.
- 4. Download the Carbonite setup file by clicking Download Now.
- 5. Open the downloaded Carbonite file.
- 6. Within the User Account Control window that appears, click Yes.
- 7. Click I agree on the Terms of Service to begin installing Carbonite.
For more information on how to install your subscription, review Installing Carbonite Safe and Initial Backup Selections.
What's the latest version?
Carbonite is regularly updated to add improvements to the software. You can reinstall Carbonite to get the latest version.
The latest version of Carbonite available can be found (here).
You can find your version of the Carbonite software by clicking My account in the Carbonite interface.
More info and troubleshooting articles
Most problems with Carbonite installations can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling Carbonite with the button above. If you are still encountering problems, please review the following articles.