You can move your existing Carbonite Safe subscription to a new or repaired Windows computer to restore all your files or start a new backup.
From the new or repaired computer, follow the instructions below to install Carbonite Safe on your computer.
- Sign in at https://account.carbonite.com or with the button below.
- From the Computers tab, click Computer options and select Move my Subscription from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the option that best fits your scenario and click Continue to Download to proceed.
- On the next page, click Download now.
- After the Carbonite file downloads, use your web browser or File Explorer to open the Carbonite setup file.
For more information on how move your subscription, review Move Carbonite Safe to Another Windows Computer.
What's the latest version?
Carbonite is regularly updated to add improvements to the software. You can reinstall Carbonite to get the latest version.
The latest version of Carbonite available is 6.3.6 (view release notes)
You can find your version of the Carbonite software by clicking My account in the Carbonite interface.
More info and troubleshooting articles
Most problems with Carbonite installations can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling Carbonite with the button above. If you are still encountering problems, please review the following articles.