Reinstalling Carbonite Safe
You can download and reinstall Carbonite Safe on the same computer to update Carbonite to the latest version, fix common issues, and add improvements to the software.
This article applies to:
|Basic, Plus and Prime plans (Not sure?)– View the Carbonite Safe Backup Pro article||Safe||Windows – View the Mac article|
From the target computer, follow the instructions below to install Carbonite Safe Backup on your computer.
- Sign in at https://account.carbonite.com or with the button below.
- From the Computer options drop-down menu, select Reinstall Carbonite.
- On the next page, click Download now.
- Depending on your web browser, use the instructions below to open the downloaded file.
- Within Google Chrome, the Carbonite icon will appear in the bottom left of your screen. Click the file to open it.
- Within Mozilla Firefox, a message will appear asking if you would like to save the file. Click Save File, click the arrow in the top right corner of your screen, and double-click the file to open it.
- Within Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, click Run at the bottom of the screen to open the Carbonite file.
- After following the steps for your web browser above, a User Account Control alert will appear. Click Yes to continue.
- The Carbonite Terms of Service will appear. Click I agree to start the installation/update process.
After the installation completes, a success window will appear. Carbonite is now installed on your computer with the latest version and will start backing up any new files within the next few minutes.