Updating to the Latest Version of Carbonite Safe Server Backup
You can update to the latest version of Carbonite Safe Server Backup (CSSB) by downloading and running a new instance of the installer. Updates are performed in-place, thus preserving backup set information, and do not require a reboot to complete.
The latest version will differ depending on the operating system.
- For modern operating systems—Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, and newer—the latest version is CSSB 6.6
- For modern 32-bit operating systems—Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8/8.1 32-bit, Windows 10 32-bit—The latest version is CSSB 6.5.1
- For legacy operating systems—Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, and Server 2008 (non-R2)—the latest version is CSSB 5.6.
This article applies to:
|Power and Ultimate plans (Not sure?)||Carbonite Safe Server Backup (Not sure?)||Windows|
Before installing the update, please ensure that no backup or restore operations are in progress and that the CSSB window has been closed.
- Sign in at https://account.carbonite.com or with the button below.
Click the Servers tab, and click the Download backup certificate button.
- An installation page will appear. You must select the version of Windows running on the server in order to get the correct installer.
Running the CSSB Classic Installer will perform an in-place upgrade to CSSB version 5.6.
For more information about CSSB version 5.6, please refer to the article below.
- View System Requirements