Carbonite Administrator Privileges
- This article is for Windows and Mac
A Carbonite administrator can view and manage backup activity for your company. Once you are invited as an administrator, you are also added to your company as a user and can back up files on your computer. As an administrator you are the first line of support for your users.
Administrators are able to do everything that a user can, as well as the following:
- Add users and other administrators to their account by sending out invites.
- View the Backup storage summary and backup status for all users through the Carbonite Safe Pro Dashboard.
- Access any account alerts that signal unusual backup activity through the Notifications tab.
- Send instructions to users or administrators for specific tasks, such as reinstalling Carbonite on their computers.
- Stop and resume backup activity for any user under their account.
- Prevent users from logging in to their accounts, manage their profiles, reset their passwords, and/or delete users from the account.
- Re-assign computers to new users, add or remove computers, and delete computers from the account.
- Changing a standard user to an administrator and vice versa.
- Enter and edit billing information (Billing Owner only).
- Resend invoices to the Billing Owner for past purchases.
- Change the Billing Owner to another administrator.
- Back up NAS Devices on a Windows computer.