Removing Backed Up Files from Carbonite
- This article is for Windows - View the Mac article
You can remove files, folders, and drives from the computer that has Carbonite installed and the deselected files will be removed from Carbonite backup within 72 hours.
To remove files from your backup, follow the steps below.
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows logo and ‘E’ key on the keyboard at the same time.
- Within File Explorer, click This PC.
- Double-click Carbonite Backup Drive.
- Double-click Backed up Files.
- Double-click through your Carbonite backup and find the file, folder, or drive that you do not want to be backed up.
- After you find the file you want to remove from the Carbonite backup, right-click on it and select Do not back up.
The deselected file will be removed from your Carbonite backup within 72 hours.
If you are a Carbonite Safe Backup Pro user and experience difficulty deselecting files, contact your account administrator to configure your backup policy. Your computer's backup policy may be forcing the inclusion of certain folders.