Updating to the Latest Version of Carbonite Safe
To ensure you have the most recent security and software improvements, we recommend updating Carbonite to the latest version.
This article applies to:
|Basic, Plus and Prime (Not sure?)||Safe (Not sure?) – View the Safe Pro article||Windows – View the Mac article|
From the target computer, follow the instructions below to update your existing Carbonite software to the latest version.
- Download the Carbonite update file here or with the button below.
- Depending on your web browser, use the instructions below to open the downloaded file.
- Within Google Chrome, the Carbonite icon will appear in the bottom left of your screen. Click the file to open it.
- Within Mozilla Firefox, a message will appear asking if you would like to save the file. Click Save File, click the arrow in the top right corner of your screen, and double-click the file to open it.
- Within Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, click Run at the bottom of the screen to open the Carbonite file.
- After following the steps for your web browser above, a User Account Control alert will appear. Click Yes to continue.
- The Carbonite Terms of Service will appear. Click I agree to start the update process.
After the installation completes, a success window will appear. Carbonite is now installed on your computer with the latest version and will start backing up any new files within the next few minutes.
If Carbonite is not already installed on your computer, you will need to reinstall Carbonite Safe from your account to get the latest version.