Setting Up Two Factor Authentication for Your Carbonite Safe Pro Account
You can secure your Carbonite Safe Pro account with two factor authentication. When enabled, it requires you to verify a security code sent to your phone when attempting to sign into your account.
There are several benefits to activating this feature:
- One extra layer of security
- Protect yourself from hackers
- Your password alone will not be enough to get access to your backup.
- Be in the know
- The text/call to your phone will notify you immediately of any sign in attempts from unknown devices.
- No need to remember security questions
- When you need to reset your password, you will be asked to verify the code sent to your phone rather than providing the answers to your security questions. This makes the password reset process much easier and faster.
This article applies to:
|Core, Power, and Ultimate (Not sure?)||Safe Pro and Carbonite Safe Server Backup (Not sure?) - View the Safe article||Portal|
- Sign into your account at https://account.carbonite.com.
- Within the Two-Step Verification section, click edit.
- Click the Get Started button that appears on the next pop up.
- Select the method to verify your account:
- Text message: You will be texted with a verification code.
- Phone call: You will be called with a verification code.
- Enter your country code, phone number, and click Continue.
- Enter the code sent to your phone via a text message or phone call and click Continue.
- You will receive an alert that you successfully updated 2-factor authentication.