Requesting a Courier Recovery Drive for Carbonite Safe
You can request Courier Recovery to receive a copy of your backed up files on an external hard drive.
|Carbonite Plan||Price Per Incident||Price for Expedited Shipping|
This article applies to:
|Basic, Plus and Prime (Not sure?)||Safe (Not sure?) – View the Safe Pro article||Windows and Mac|
- Sign into your Carbonite account at https://account.carbonite.com or with the button below.
- For the computer you wish to restore, click Get files back.
- Choose Send my files to me on an external hard drive and click Next.
- Enter your shipping information and select a computer for recovery.
- If you plan to restore to a Mac with an Apple M1 chip, please reply to the automated email to let the Courier Recovery Specialist know. They will format the drive to make it compatible with your Mac.
At the time of delivery, you are required to sign for the package. When you plug in the USB-A external hard drive to your computer, you can copy the files to your computer. Please return the drive within 21 days of the receipt to avoid the non-returned drive fee.
Carbonite will charge you for unreturned cords and external hard drives.
|Carbonite Plan||Price for Non-Returned Cords||Price for Non-Returned Drives|
|Basic||$10||Less than 3TB: $129.99
Greater than 3TB: $300
An additional $30 will be charged if the Courier Recovery external hard drive needs to be re-shipped.