Requesting a Courier Recovery Drive for Carbonite Safe
You can request Courier Recovery to receive a copy of your backed up files on an external hard drive.
Courier Recovery is only available for subscribers who live in the United States.
|Carbonite Plan||Price Per Incident||Price for Expedited Shipping|
This article applies to:
|Basic, Plus and Prime (Not sure?)||Safe (Not sure?) – View the Safe Pro article||Portal|
Before requesting Courier Recovery, please uninstall Carbonite for Windows or uninstall Carbonite for Mac to prevent changes to your backup. Failure to do so could cause damage to your backup and prevent the full restoration of your files.
- Sign into your account at https://account.carbonite.com.
- Click the Backup tab.
- From the backup you want to restore, click Get files back.
- Select Send my files to me on an external hard drive (additional charges will apply) and click Next.
- Enter your contact information and shipping information into the Courier Recovery form.
- Select the backup you’d like Carbonite to ship to you on an external hard drive and your shipping method.
- From here, you can pay with the existing card or use the dropdown menu to +Add a New Card and enter your new credit card information.
- If you plan to restore to a Mac with an Apple M1 chip, please reply to the automated email to let the Courier Recovery Specialist know. They will format the drive to make it compatible with your Mac.
At the time of delivery, you are required to sign for the package. When you plug in the USB-A external hard drive to your computer, you can copy the files to your computer. Please return the drive within 21 days of the receipt to avoid the non-returned drive fee.
Carbonite will charge you for unreturned cords and external hard drives.
|Carbonite Plan||Price for Non-Returned Cords||Price for Non-Returned Drives|
|Basic||$10||2 TB and smaller: $129.99
Larger than 2TB: $300
An additional $30 will be charged if the Courier Recovery external hard drive needs to be re-shipped.