Backing Up Your Email
- This article is for Windows and Mac
Carbonite automatically backs up your email if the emails are saved on your computer with a common program such as Microsoft Outlook. If you access your email through your browser (such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) or your email is configured through an IMAP protocol, Carbonite will not be able to back up your email.
- With the exception of Microsoft Outlook .PST files, If your email data is larger than 4GB (for Carbonite Safe) or 1TB (for Carbonite Safe Backup Pro), it will not be selected automatically for backup and will need to be selected manually.
Click a link below for more information about backing up data from a specific email program:
- Backing Up Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013/2016
- Backing Up Mail on Windows 10
- Backing Up Microsoft Outlook 2007 or Below
- Backing Up Mozilla Thunderbird
- Backing Up IncrediMail
- Backing Up Windows Live Mail
- Backing Up Outlook Express Data
- Carbonite Safe backs up at a file level and cannot be used to backup email or live databases such as Microsoft Exchange. Carbonite Safe Server Backup under the Carbonite Safe Power and Ultimate plans does allows you to backup these databases. For more information about this product, click here.