Importing Your RoboForm Data
Carbonite backs up your RoboForm data and when you restore it, it can be imported back into RoboForm. If you've already restored what you need, we can direct you in how to import. If you still need to restore the data, this article will guide you through that process. Choose the option below that best fits your situation.
- This article is for Windows only
The sections below are collapsed. Please click a section title to open / close the appropriate section.
I still need to restore the file
This article will walk you through restoring your RoboForm data and importing it into RoboForm. There are a couple of things that need to be in place in order for the restore and import to work:
- Ensure RoboForm is installed on your computer.
- Ensure Recover Mode is enabled. This makes it so that no update to files or any new files are backed up to Carbonite while in this mode and it lets the restore run as smooth as possible.
Let's begin by opening the Carbonite Backup Drive through the File Explorer window (alternatively called Windows Explorer in older Windows operating systems). Do this by double-clicking the Carbonite Backup Drive icon.
You'll see the Carbonite Backup Drive displayed. This shows all of the files in your backupA set of copies of your files on our servers. organized the same way they are on your computer.
Double-click the Backed Up Files icon.
Browse to the location of your RoboForm data in order to restore it. Depending on your operating system, your RoboForm data will be in one of the following locations:
- C:\Users\[User Name]Your [User Name] will vary depending on how you set up your computer. If you do not see your own name, your files are most likely in something generic, such as Owner or User.\AppData\Local\RoboForm\Profiles\Default Profile
Once you found the RoboForm data, you can restore it with the help of the instructions below:
- In the Carbonite Backup Drive, right-click on the Default Profile folder and select Restore To....
- In the Browse for Folder window, select Desktop to restore and click OK.
- Once the file's been restored, follow the instructions in the section below on how to get it back the program. (Depending on the size of the file, it could take some time to restore. Wait until the restore is finished before moving on to the next step.)
I've already restored and need to import the file
After you have located your RoboForm data, please follow the instructions below to import the data back in to RoboForm:
- Close out of the RoboForm program.
- Right-click on the contents of the Default Profile folder on your Desktop and select Copy.
- Open File Explorer to C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\RoboForm\Profiles\Default Profile.
- Right-click within this folder and select Paste the contents you copied.
- Restart RoboForm.
All of your passcards should now be accessible through RoboForm.
Once you've finished your restore and got everything back into the program, you're all set. If you want to resume your back up again, please exit Recover Mode.