Waiting for an Internet Connection
- This article is for Windows and Mac
If you're able to access the Internet (i.e. you can browse web pages or check your email) but Carbonite says that it's Waiting for an Internet connection, try rebooting your computer.
- You should also make sure that Carbonite is allowed through your firewall or other security software.
- Rebooting the computer at regular intervals may prevent this issue from recurring.
For a PC, the files below need to be allowed through your firewall, and they are located at C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup
For a Mac, the files are located at /Volumes/Library/Application Support/Carbonite
If you are NOT able to access the Internet, you will need to repair your Internet connection before you can use Carbonite. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) (e.g. Comcast, Verizon, Cox, etc.) or your IT professional can assist you with this.
If a red X appears on the Carbonite icon in your Windows notification area, your subscription may have expired.
- Check the expiration date of your subscription and complete your renewal by double-clicking on the Carbonite icon.
- Once the Carbonite InfoCenter / application opens, click the Buy Now button and follow the prompts to renew your subscription.
- After renewing, your backupA set of copies of your files on our servers. should resume automatically.